|Monogamy is not the law of God.
15. If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:
16. Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, which is indeed the firstborn:
17. But he shall acknowledge the son of the hated for the firstborn, by giving him a double portion of all that he hath: for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.
18. If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
19. Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20. And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
22. And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:
23. His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.
The law: short form.
1. And God spoke all these words, saying,
2. I [am] the LORD thy God, who have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4. Thou shalt not make to thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:
5. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;
6. And showing mercy to thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
8. Remember the sabbath-day to keep it holy.
9. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:
10. But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy man-servant, nor thy maid-servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:
11. For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that [is] in them, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath-day, and hallowed it.
12. Honor thy father and thy mother; that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
13. Thou shalt not murder.
14. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15. Thou shalt not steal.
16. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
17. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his man-servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbor's.
The book of Enoch
[Chapter 38] 1 The first Parable.
1 When the congregation of the righteous shall appear, and sinners shall be judged for their sins, and shall be driven from the face of the earth:
2 And when the Righteous One shall appear before the eyes of the righteous,
Whose elect works hang upon the Lord of Spirits, and light shall appear to the righteous and the elect who dwell on the earth, where then will be the dwelling of the sinners, and where the resting-place of those who have denied the Lord? It had been good for them if they had not been born.
3 When the secrets of the righteous shall be revealed and the sinners judged,
And the godless driven from the presence of the righteous and elect,
4 From that time those that possess the earth shall no longer be powerful and exalted: And they shall not be able to behold the face of the holy, For the Lord has caused His light to appear. On the face of the holy, righteous, and elect.
5 Then shall the kings and the mighty perish and be given into the hands of the righteous and holy.
6 And thenceforward none shall seek for themselves mercy from the Lord, for their life is at an end.
This is the law
30. ``All murderers must be executed, but no man shall die on the word of one person, there must be two or three to testify.
31. Whenever anyone is judged guilty of murder, he must be put to death--no ransom may be accepted for him.
32. Nor may a ransom be accepted from a refugee in a City of Refuge, permitting him to return to his home before the death of the High Priest.
33. In this way the land will not be polluted, for murder pollutes the land, and no atonement can be made for murder except by the execution of the murderer.
Hebrews 10- 28. Anyone who rejects the Law of Moses will be put to death without mercy on the word of two or three witnesses;
It's a long way to Jerusalem.
A King's job is never done